Sunday, March 29, 2009

Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God you know me and have access to my dementia?


I never thought I would succumb to the blogging bug. Facebook status messages were enough of a window into my life through various inconsequential observations to the occasional where I am at a particular time, as well as the random lyrical reference just to see who can pick up on it...but in a world where individuals are "tweeting" every five-seconds on the most inconsequential events and stupid daily trivialities in a few lines, I decided...."Why not blog"?

One of the things I was most proud of during my four years at Rutgers was that I spent the fall of my senior year as a columnist for The Daily Targum. There were some columnists that would write as if they were auditioning for National Review or The New Republic. I just enjoyed being able to weave my pop-culture musings and what the hell was relevant at the moment into my work to share with the Rutgers community. I miss that. It was theraputic.

So those of you who enjoy the legalized stalking of Facebook, and other work-place distractions, I hope that the musings of a 26 year-old Catholic male working in government affairs are relevant and interesting enough to make it into your heavy rotation.

Buckle up, kids. It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment